How & Why did I Enter Linkedin.


“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas Edison
"Linkedin" a platform with immense professional Acts and ocean of new opportunities everyday. But,why does it makes sense a 17 year old lad is on the platform. We mainly think there is no use of connecting with people unless you have a professional degree or something else. Most of them have the misconception that opportunities are given based on there Degree or related expertise. But, That's not the case here. You find an opportunity in anyway possible.

For example, I am a Mechanical Engineering guy. As everyone does I also had many instagram accounts managing them posting stuff and all. At those times there were people to talk and time passed and lost many things including interest on social media. Then one day I was going through some of the random articles and it says about some of the startup raised funding, It seems interesting and I checked more. The second thing you get on google after searching for a company is there Linkedin page( In my case). Then I created an account just with a silly thought " Just creating and keeping it same".

But, When I closely looked at the people in here and opportunities they gather in order help each other is extremely attractive. That atmosphere was totally different.Honestly,It took me 3 months to know the right way to understand stuff on Linkedin. Even today I do a lot of mistakes but people are there to help. They teach you what to do and get the work done. Naturally you learnt how to work. 

In my beginning days I don't know whom to connect with just randomly reading a catchy headline and sending requests. I was exploring a lot ,Then the Niche concept comes into play. It means you should only concentrate on a specific Eco-system or Industry. I started doing that, Right then one more mistake sending long intro messages after connecting, It Freaks them out or just ignore. By making this mistake I learnt how to approach and talk to people.I had some keen interest on startup Eco-system since 8th standard and I started connecting with related people.Here Connection Base is not important Interacting with them is important.There is no compulsion that you should work only for you specific expertise. I gained a Good knowledge over Business aspects and how things work. 

That Eventually gave me my First opportunity as working as a PR intern. You should know answers for these three questions when you start your journey on Linekdin WHO? WHY? WHAT? it would be a bit easy if you start with these. Age and Degree does not matter here only a bit of dedication and talent will be enough. Rather than only working you can work to learn.

Hope this blog helps you in some or the other way ☺

Let me know how were your beginning days on Linkedin

Regards
Aditya Sharma.

Comments

Popular Posts